Saturday, April 20, 2019

Spring Break - "Not in Spain" sleepover

This spring break, three of the five families that often hang out together all headed to Spain.  One family, The Smiths, went for a two-week trip to both France and Spain to celebrate the mom's 40th birthday.  The Matinpours met up with extended family in Spain to tour around and visit relatives.  And the Cicottos figured if everyone else thought Barcelona was a good destination, they should hop on that too and booked a last minute trip for the week. They had to get same-day passports since it was so spur of the moment.

When Serafina heard that everyone was going to overlap and spend time together in Barcelona, she was upset.  I understood!  I felt jealous and left out too.  No one intentionally was leaving us out, but we weren't going to Spain and it was a bummer.  So I made sure to plan a sleepover with Sunny, the other left-behind kid.  

She came over yesterday afternoon and while I was taking Leo to stay at Nana's (and escape the girls), these crazy kids got into the cold pool.  




 I called this the "not in Spain" sleepover.

I decided to make their dessert an egg hunt.  I filled eggs with chocolates and jelly beans and made one egg that only I would like.
They had fun hunting for eggs and then eating candy while watching TV.

No comments: