After flying in on the red eye and going from JFK to La Guardia for the rental car, we were all pretty pooped. We took a nap at Ruth's and Leo caught a decent nap as we traveled from Queens to Staten Island to celebrate Christmas Eve at Aunt Marie's. The traffic getting there was pretty ugly, but we had an amazing view of Manhattan. Marie had a ton of food and a full house. The party was fun, but their tradition is to stay up until midnight for gift opening on official Christmas. This isn't easy to do for a mom and baby that have missed many, many hours of their normal sleep pattern. Leo actually was able to get a little sleep in the portacrib, but when he woke up at a little past 1 am, we had to rush out of there. I have no idea how much longer the party went on, but we needed to head out. Unfortunately, we had to run to the car in the hardest, wettest, meanest rain I've ever experienced. Crazy. Needless to say, once we were back at the hotel (after 2am), we slept like the dead.
Alex helps Leo get into a festive mood.


Leo with Nicolas and Joshua. These are two of Jessica's three sons. Jessica is a second cousin to Tom.

Grandma Anne opens her gift from us, a photo collage of Leo.

Marissa and Mike.

Family shot. (I intentionally edited out my lower half b/c I am wearing the most unflattering jeans in the history of denim. I doubt I'll ever put them on again after seeing this picture.)
No comments:
Post a Comment