Sunday, November 1, 2015

Halloween 2015

Ooooooh, how we love Halloween in this family.  On November 1st last year, Serafina declared she wanted to be a tooth fairy and Leo said Ghostbuster.  Serafina remained unwavering the whole year.  Leo toyed with some other ideas, but circled back around to Ghostbuster.  

It was another mash-up of bought pieces and homemade items to create the costumes.  

Serafina had the leotard and tights, so we got a tutu, wings and accessories.  I made her money and tooth bags and we worked together on the little clay teeth to fill her bag.  


 I bought the jumpsuit for Leo off eBay.  The rest was made from old scraps and boxes.


We were partying at my friend Aida's house again this year.  Here's some of the kids pre-trick-or-treating.  
 The grown-ups dressed up too.  Here's Tom as Noah Syndergaard/Thor, though it didn't bring the Mets luck in last night's game.

The moms dressed up too -- Orange is the New Black inmates.  We were a big hit and because the World Series was on, the moms got stuck with trick-or-treating duty so we were out in the neighborhood in a safety color.  
Our trick-or-treating group ended up being really big and a bit hard to manage.  
I didn't enjoy the trick-or-treating much, so hopefully it will be the dads' turn again next year.  After my kids were done, we loaded up in the car and I drove them to Nana's for their first sleep over.  It went well and I was able to go back to the party and enjoy myself without having to worry about getting my kids to bed at a decent time.  

Serafina has declared she wants to be a witch next year.  Leo wants to be a headless man who carries his own head, like this kid.  We'll see if they stick with it.  













No comments: