Tomorrow, Serafina's cast comes off. Often when my kids are going through change or moving from one stage to another, I find it to be bittersweet. (I'm sure I've used that word a thousand times on this blog). But this...the removal of the cast...well, that's just sweet. I can't wait to bring home my little girl, put her in the bath and scrub her down. She'll hate it, but it will make me very happy. She's been in a cast for 43 days. She only was a full-time walker for about a month before this happened. Everything I read and was told about how kids adapt was true.
Check out how well she walks on the cast.
She can even do a little dancing.
The cast comes off tomorrow and Tuesday night, we fly to New York for Thanksgiving. I'm trying to keep my anxiety about traveling on a red eye with two kids in check. I don't want it to get the best of me, but I already feel a lump in my throat. I know all the family really appreciates the effort and at this point, Tom and I are a pretty good team when it comes to big adventures.
*This is my little nickname for Serafina when she thumps around on her cast.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment