Last week, my dad was admitted to the hospital. It's been a rough road and I'll be visiting him after the holidays. In the meantime, I'm trying not to worry too much and stay busy. This time of year, it's very easy to keep busy.
Today was the three-year-olds turn to have Santa visit their class. My friend Aida was Santa's helper in the morning and I babysat her son, Navid. Navid and Serafina are good friends and played happily together the whole time. On the way to my house, Serafina was talking about opening presents on Christmas. Navid told her "Christmas isn't only about presents. It's about giving and love." Wow kid. He's like a walking Lifetime Television Holiday Special.
I relieved Aida of her elf duties and took over as Santa's helper for the afternoon class. Santa said I was top elf of the day.
After Santa time, Serafina and I went to help set up Leo's kindergarten class for their Holiday party. The preschool completely embraces Christmas, but the elementary school has to be more politically correct and culturally sensitive. The kids don't sing and carols, but instead they sang this song called "Holidays around the World".
No comments:
Post a Comment