Wednesday, February 11, 2015

TK field trip

Serafina's class went on a field trip today.  Her class along with the kindergarteners and a couple other classes walked to a nearby elementary school to watch Pinocchio.  Though the schools are close, the walk felt awfully long.  Once we arrived, the kids had a snack.  

I walked with Serafina and this little girl, Lyra.  She's a ball of energy and sass.  She's also a Jehovah's Witness and was informing me that I could visit jw.org to watch videos.  She asked if I liked puppies and when I said yes, she told me that maybe I could go to jw.org, go to paradise, meet Jehovah and get a puppy.  It was one of the more fascinating conversations I've had with a five-year-old.  

 Serafina didn't whine too much on the walk which was amazing.
 Her class was the youngest in attendance so they got to go in first.
 Waiting for the pay to start.
 Once the kids were all settled, I snuck out the back and read a magazine in the sunshine.  I can tolerate watching my own kids perform in school productions, but I wasn't up for watching other kids.  I rejoined the class once they were outside and we walked back to school.

No comments: