Friday, February 13, 2015

Valentine's Day parties

 Both kids had Valentine's Day parties in their classrooms today.  First up was Leo's.
 He handed out zombie Valentine's, of course.  When I found them at Target, I knew they would be perfect for him and they were.
 The class had a sub today so the atmosphere was much more subdued than the exuberant Christmas dance party.
Leo was still having fun.  
Then it was off to Serafina's class.  The kids were finishing up their party food so I jumped in and helped the kids make necklaces.  

 We also played some bingo and then it was time for the "roosters" to go home.

 She was excited to take some loot home.
 At home, she sorted through her haul.
 Eating a treat.
 Leo had an equally impressive haul of Valentines, candy and pencils.



These are the cookies I made for Serafina's class party.  They are the same cookies I made for Leo's party last year.  I had signed up to bring this particular item, but another kid ended up bringing some store-bought cupcakes and those got served to the kids.  My cookies were bagged up with some Laffy Taffy and a malt ball because they would travel okay.  If I sound bitter, it's because I am.  

My dad sent me this gorgeous bouquet for Valentine's Day.  

No comments: