Friday was the last day of school!
Don't these two look excited to be finished with the school year and starting summer?
I was excited for them too, but I was also sad. It was Leo's last day at Laurelwood. In the fall, he will start 5th grade at Sierra School - a very small private school. He's bright and funny and he was getting lost in the overcrowded public school. His fourth grade teacher has been amazing and I don't know if he would have made it through the school year without her. But since she can't teach him every year for the rest of his educational career (as much as I would like her to), a change has to be made. This was a hard decision for Tom and me, but we are very optimistic this is the right move for Leo. And most importantly, Leo is excited about his new school.
Serafina will stay at Laurelwood for the foreseeable future. This Friday was the last time they walked to school together. I quietly cried the whole way there.
First day of school compared to the last day of school. Their faces look so much older! They're not little kids anymore.
After an emotional morning, I was looking forward to some fun with friends. We had pizza and drinks and, of course, the pool. The kids were done with school before noon, so we had plenty of time in the afternoon for a good time.
After the X-ray came back clear, the doctor removed the toe nail and bandaged her up.

No comments:
Post a Comment