We've been talking about adopting a dog for almost two years. About a year ago, I started following a few rescue groups on Instagram and frequently fell in love with cute puppies. But after my friend adopted a young puppy, I decided I wanted a slightly older dog (8 months or older) that was past the most difficult puppy stage. I also wanted a medium- size dog. No big breeds! I submitted an application in late February with a rescue organization but the dog we were interested in had an adoptive family already
Well last Saturday on the way to Serafina's dance performance, we stopped by the elementary school to donate to a Girl Scout fundraiser. Right as we were getting ready to leave, the school principal pulled up with two seven week old puppies in her back seat. She was puppy-sitting for her good friend who was fostering for the same organization I had previously submitted my application. Once I had that little ball of fur in my arms, everything I said I wanted went out the window and all I wanted was that puppy.
Here's Serafina falling deeply in love last Saturday.
I was in touch with the principal and the rescue organization so that we could make sure we were first in line to adopt this little sweetheart. Here's a picture from the foster mom.
He was part of a "dessert" litter. His name is Mousse. He was fostered with his brother Malt Ball. Two other litter mates - BonBon and Brulee - were being fostered by someone else. There are three more in this litter but I don't know their names.
On Thursday, Mousse went up on the website for adoption. I contacted them right away and got a prompt response that we were first in line to adopt him if we came to the Saturday adoption event at the local pet supply store. Needless to say, we were there before the event even started.
Mousse and Malt Ball were the tiniest puppies there and the center of everyone's attention.
The kids knew he was promised to us so it was a little hard for them to watch other people touch and coo at the puppy.
But after some paperwork and puppy supply shopping, he was ours! Here's our ride home together. Everyone is completely smitten.
He is so tiny. We rolled up our rug and won't unroll it for a while I predict.
He used a crate for naps and nighttime at the foster mom's house and he clearly likes it. He did great in his crate at our house.
Tom and Mousse shared a yawn. Grandpa Skip also found the dog very charming.
Here's a screenshot of Mousse's listing marked "adopted". We will be keeping the name Mousse. I don't think it is what any of us would have come up with on our own, but it suits him just fine.
Here's his mom. She has a very sweet face so hopefully she'll be adopted soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment