After Target, I went to Orangetheory Fitness. While everything has been closing down, they have continued to run classes. But today they announced that this was the final day of classes for at least two weeks. I knew it was coming. They had to close, but it still was hard to hear. It has been my stress-relief for four years and I need it more than ever.
I came home and got the kids and puppy ready to ride in the car. He needs more practice being in the car (he really hates it) and we needed to pick up Leo's "distance learning" packet from his school.
Then the next wave of news came in and I learned that six Bay Area counties were ordered to "shelter in place". We are included. This is the most extreme level of "social distancing". We are supposed to stay home except for essential errands. We can go to the doctor and the grocery store but that's pretty much it. The order goes into place at midnight, so I made sure to get out and see my mom. Her senior living apartments are taking lots of important precautions. If I decide to visit her again during this time, they'll take my temperature in the lobby.
Anyway, today was unsettling and we didn't do a good job of following our schedule but we will try better tomorrow.
This little guy doesn't care that we have to shelter in place. He just loves to be in the backyard.
We had our first puppy preschool class with the trainer today. It was all online and we couldn't get our camera to work so the trainer couldn't see that he was acting like a total lunatic. Tomorrow, Leo will have an online video conferencing social skills group and Serafina's dance classes will be live-streamed. It's a whole new world for us and we are trying our best.
No comments:
Post a Comment