His experience didn't turn him off to skiing though, and the next day we headed to the mountain for "Daddy school" instead. We dropped off the boys and Serafina and I headed out to run errands. When we went to pick them up, Tom texted me that they needed a little more time because they were having a blast. Serafina was happy despite having to wait.
I could see the bunny hill from where I was parked, but I didn't see them. Well, that's because they weren't on the bunny hill. Despite the tears of ski school, something must of clicked because when Tom took him on Saturday, Leo was a skier. He could stop and turn and handle himself just fine. Leo was doing so well that Tom took him on a more advanced run.
Here's a video Tom took on Saturday.
Saturday afternoon, Tom's friends left and late that night, Grandma Carrie and Aunt Maggie arrived. Sunday we headed to a different ski spot and Maggie and Tom took Leo out for more skiing.
Serafina did a good job entertaining herself in the lodge. Trying on brother's hat.
Snacking. (She insisted on being barefoot for some reason.)
"My brother is out there somewhere."
Here's my little skier boy.
Here's the kids playing with Maggie on Sunday night.
Monday was a big day of skiing (and some snowboarding for me). We started the day with Tom escorting me and Maggie with Leo. Here's the funny/sad/amazing truth - Leo is better at skiing than I am at snowboarding. The kid almost never falls. I wipe out over and over and sometimes in spectacular bruise-inducing fashion.
After lunch I usually take both kids home for a nap, but Leo wanted to stay and ski. I was worried about him doing a full day and skipping nap, but he wanted to keep going. Grandma Carrie had been on Serafina duty while I snowboarded, so she was excited at the chance to spend the afternoon skiing with Leo. Tom and Maggie got to ski together and apparently, he did a good job of keeping up with her. When I picked Leo up at 4pm, all he said was "my legs are tired". His gloves were wet and his hands were cold, so I put my gloves on him and he fell asleep on the way home.
That night, the gang spent some quality time with technology and each other.
It was a long, fun, exhausting weekend. Four days of skiing, two sets of guests and a long drive home. It took its toll, but it was worth it.






No comments:
Post a Comment