Thursday, August 23, 2018

Leo's first day of school

Leo had his first day of school today.  He was cool as a cucumber, but I was a bundle of nerves.  His drop-off time is after his sister so I had time to walk Serafina to school and come back to drive him to school.  

Here he is before we left.  


 His school is sandwiched between two preschools.  I joked with him that he shouldn't accidentally go to the preschool instead.  He thought that was funny. 
 He was kind of annoyed with me that I wanted a picture by the school sign, but a mom walked by and said "we did the same picture this morning".  Ha!
 This is his classroom.  It's a fourth grade/fifth grade combo class.  There are 11 students total, four of them fifth graders.  There is a teacher and an aide in the class. 
I was busy during the day (trip to the gym, a birthday brunch and an airport pick-up) so I tried to stay distracted but I was definitely worried about him.  When I was waiting for him to come out at pick-up, I was so tense.  What if he hated it?  What if he was upset and never wanted to go back?  And then came out with a smile.  He told me it was great and he really liked it.  I was so relieved; I blinked back tears of joy.  I hope he continues to like it as the work load ramps up.  His teacher seems so incredibly nice and the class size is a dream.  I'm optimistic it's going to be a great year. 

No comments: