Sunday, June 2, 2019

Lizzy's 40th birthday party

My dear friend Lizzy turned 40 on Thursday.  We took her to brunch that morning.  On Friday, she was at the same awards ceremony and I took this picture of her with oldest daughter.  That evening, we were both in work mode.  

 Friday I baked four 9-inch round cakes and 27 cupcakes.  That three batches of my chocolate cake recipe.  I also made three batches of vanilla buttercream and one batch of chocolate buttermilk fudge filling.

On Saturday I went to her house to assemble everything.  She piped the vanilla buttercream on 30 vanilla cupcakes she made and the chocolate cupcakes I made.  I worked on assembling the three layer cake.  I left one layer at home for Leo's party on Sunday.
 This cake had three layers of fluffy chocolate cake with fudgy frosting inbetween.  She requested the vanilla buttercream to have her adorable fondont show up.  Our friend Mary helped with the fondont work late on Friday night.
It was a group effort, but we created a delicious cake that was wildly praised.  Her birthday party was at the local cabana club.  I didn't take any pictures because when I wasn't busy helping, I was busy eating and having fun.

No comments: