Early on Tuesday morning, June 18th (my birthday), Tom, my mom, Leo, Serafina and I got on a plane headed for Chicago. Our final destination was South Haven, Michigan, but first we needed some Chicago style pizza. I'm not going to lie, the traffic was brutal and driving in Chicago wasn't fun, but the pizza was totally worth it.
After pizza we hit the road and drove through Illinois, Indiana and into Michigan. Michigan was very green and beautiful. My aunt Sheila was at the rental house when we arrived and it was a great place just four blocks from the lake. Even though it was 9pm, the sun was out and the lake was calling.
My kids have never met a body of water that they haven't totally loved. This was a cold lake but they didn't care.
We celebrated my birthday with a carrot cake and pie. Do you see the candles form the 44? No? That's okay. I'm not really ready to admit I'm 44.
Wednesday we hit the water again. This time in kayaks on the Black River.
Tom and Leo.
Serafina and I were kayak buddies. Our kayak was launched into the water and directly into a tree. Serafina took on the tree face first. It could have been avoided if I was better at turning and she was better at ducking. She cried a bit, but got over it and enjoyed the rest of our trip down the river.
That evening was all about flower crowns and s'mores.
No comments:
Post a Comment