Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Sierra School 5th Grade Graduation

Leo "graduated" from 5th grade today.  Because his school is so small, they include the fifth graders and eighth graders in the graduation ceremony.  There were only four true graduates finishing high school today.  It was fun to take part in the celebration.

Here he is at the beginning of the school day in his tie dyed shirt.

 Doesn't he kind of look like a middle schooler already?
 Here they are marching in.


Leo has an 8th grader beside him.  There are five kids lined up to graduate 5th grade.  One repeated the fourth grade and is jumping over 5th to go to 6th next year.  I think of him as a 4th grader so I didn't include him in Sunday's party.  Whoops. 

Each kid gave a short speech. 

They were presented certificates by their teacher. 

It was really nice to celebrate this milestone.

 Leo and Leale.
 Here's the 5th graders (minus the grade skipper because I still think of him as a 4th grader) with their teacher.  Left to right: Leale, Leo, Sierra, Lylie and Mrs. Hurshman



No comments: