On Sunday morning, we were eager to hit the road to get back to Chicago but I was determined to recreate this picture from our 2013 family reunion.
For some reason, Carly didn't want to come downstairs and participate so it's incomplete but still pretty cute.
Since the original picture was taken, my cousin Kaycee had two more kids (just 13 months apart). Here's Charlie, Serafina, Ruby, Russell, Leo and Abby. We made it to Chicago by mid-day and the kids were excited to see some sights. There main point of reference is Leo's Lego Architecture set of the Chicago skyline.
The set includes Cloud Gate, which is commonly known as "The Bean".
Here's their enthusastic approach.
Under the belly of The Bean.
We walked across a cool bridge to a park.
That's when things began to go sideways. Leo's glasses broke so we headed to Walgreens to get a repair kit. Here's Tom and the kids admiring some architecture before crossing the street to get to Walgreens.
After Walgreens we started walking back to the car but then the skies opened up and the fastest, hardest rainstorm I've ever experienced happened. This threw Serafina into a full-blown panic because she has an unhealthy fear of thunderstorms. I won't go into the details of the misery of the next couple hours but it involved screaming, soaking wet clothes, terrible driving situations and stressful airport time. We made our flight and made it home, but I will never visit Chicago without an umbrella and I will never drive there again.
No comments:
Post a Comment