Monday, November 11, 2013

Happy Veterans Day

Happy Veterans Day and thanks to all who have served our country.  It's been a while since I had both kids home on a weekday, so I made sure we had some fun stuff on the agenda.  

In the morning, we went to the park to see some friends. 
 In the afternoon, we went to the bargain movie theater to see Despicable Me 2.

Here are the kids right before we got out of the car.  They were pretty excited.



 The movie theater was kind of old and decrepit, but the kids didn't mind too much.  The movie was cute but Serafina got squirmy and whiny anyway.

It was a fun day.  While I was making dinner, I realized I was missing an essential spice.  We went next door to borrow some and when we got there, Peg recognized Serafina's dress immediately.  It was a hand-me-down from her girls and it was featured in a favorite family picture.  So cute.

No comments: