Sunday, November 10, 2013

Princess Party

Serafina's classmate, Victoria, had her 5th birthday today.  It was a princess theme party and the guests were suppose to dress as their favorite princess.  Serafina doesn't currently have any princess dresses - just tutus galore - but I had a bag of hand-me-downs that included a princess nightgown.  She was happy with that.  The party took place at a children's salon that specializes in doing little girls' hair and make-up and throwing parties.  

Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty, I believe) was standing out front when we walked up.  


Quite the greeting.  I don't think Serafina had any idea who she was.  


The next step was to get all glamored up.  Serafina doesn't like me brushing her hair or washing it, so she was grimacing pretty hard while the gal put half a can of hair spray on her and created an intricate style.  This was followed by make-up.  

Yep, eye shadow and lipstick on my four-year-old. 

And a tiara, of course.  
The back was made into a bow.  
 What you can't tell from these pictures is just how much glitter is coating her hair.  So. Much. Glitter.

Here she is with Sophia (on the right) and the birthday girl, Victoria.
Group shot of the girls with Princess Aurora.  

I love the way she's looking at me like she's totally over it at this point.  


Then they played freeze dance and limbo, and they taught the girls a dance.  



 They moved from the salon to the party room for some pizza.


 There was also this very girly candy selection.


 The place and the party were so hyper-feminine, it made me a little uncomfortable.  I've always been a tomboy and Serafina has a good dose of that too, but we survived.  I'm glad we went so she could be part of the fun and spend time with school friends.  Even though my car looks like a unicorn barfed glitter all over my car, it is still way better than Chuck E. Cheese.

No comments: