Here's Tom with his beautiful turkey.
Leo had a full plate.
Uncle Mike helped make the meat more manageable. Ready to dig in.
Leo played with the wine opener for a while. He talked to it and pretended it was a robot.
For dessert, I made a pumpkin pie with a gingersnap crust and a chocolate ganache topping. It also had a bit of orange zest, which added a nice accent to all the spice. We tried to eat it when it wasn't fully chilled; it was still tasty but the texture was a bit off. Once it had cooled completely, it was better. This was all that was left when I went to bed.
Serafina wasn't as helpful.
The tree did go up today. It feels a little early, but we wanted to do it while Uncle Mike and Grandma Ruthie are here. Here's the Mirrione boys executing some careful ornament placement.
Of course, I needed to make another dessert for tonight. It's the final night our guests are in town and there wasn't enough pie to go around (or even really satisfy one person). I went with a classic chocolate cake with a chocolate buttercream.
Tom sliced the two layers so we had a four-layer cake with frosting in between each.
It was spectacular. Mike declared it was the best chocolate cake he's ever had. Boo-yah!
No comments:
Post a Comment