We took it easy the first part of the day and then headed to Santa Cruz for a buffet dinner at the Chaminade Resort. My mom, Skip and I ate Thanksgiving dinner there 16 years ago (whoa, I'm old).
Tom and Leo enjoyed a little fresh air along the coast.
On the hotel balcony.
We don't have any pictures of us at dinner. Honestly, it was kind of stressful. The meal was delicious and Tom and I worked well as a team taking turns hitting the buffet and feeding Leo. But Leo is in a screaming stage. He lets out a piercing scream just because he can. Tom and I know it is a happy noise (he's not distressed or upset when he does it), but the other diners didn't appreciate it. Some old bitty at the table behind us actually turned around to shhhh my kid. We got a lot of stares and eyebrow raises, and I felt a strong mix of embarrassment and defensiveness. He's just a toddler, for crying out loud. He doesn't know better. We deserve a nice Thanksgiving dinner too. But it is really annoying and unpleasant when you're Joe Public, dropping a large dime on a fancy meal. Oh well, maybe we'll go back when we can use the promise of unlimited dessert table access as a bribe for good behavior.
No comments:
Post a Comment