Sunday, April 19, 2009

Elijah and Earth Day

Our friends Rich and Julie just had their second baby, Elijah Lee. We got to meet him on Saturday.

Here's Leo saying "hi" to his new friend.
Elijah is a very easy going baby and is happy to hang out in his Moses basket. I'm thinking I need to get one of those in case my new baby is willing to do the same.
Tom refreshes his little baby skills.

Sharing isn't easy, but neither is giving up the bike.
We plan to get a similar water table for our house. It was nice to try one out first to make sure it held Leo's attention.

Julie and her latest offspring.
Headed home after a fun day.
Even though we had a great time and it wonderful to meet little Eli, Leo had a bit of a rough time. He fell down the steps of the patio twice and shortly before leaving, he stumbled and caught the edge of a big toy truck with his eye. It was all just typical toddler tumbles, but happening back to back to back was a bummer. I think if I hadn't seen him bounce back from surgery in less than 12 hours, I might have been more upset by it all, but I know this kid is tough. Like, really tough.

Here's baby's first shiner.
This morning Leo and I headed down to Full Circle Farm (our CSA provider) for an Earth Day celebration. He was a little too young for most of the activities, but we had fun (until mom got too hot and decided it was time to head home).

Meeting some chicks.
"Look at this cool truck, mom."

Exploring the "wild area".
The petting zoo was pretty crowded, so we didn't go in. Leo still got some good pets in through the fence.


The main point of interest for Leo was the tractor, which was parked in a roped off field. He kept going over there like a moth to the flame. Fortunately, it's often available for a close up look when we pick up our weekly basket.
All that fun was tiring and he fell asleep (with his cup in his mouth and a rock in his hand) on the walk home.
Thankfully, he took a good afternoon nap despite this little snooze. I laid down when he did and had a nice nap too. The only thing I truly crave during this pregnancy is sleep, though I did run to Coldstone Creamery after putting Leo to bed. Very tasty stuff.

2 comments:

Jessiedc28 said...

SO much fun! Have you guys been to Fairyland yet?http://www.fairyland.org/ A girlfriend of mine that lives in your area took her son there and it looked like so much fun!

Elizabeth said...

According to urban legend, Fairyland was Walt Disney's inspiration for his much more famous amusement park. Leo and I may have to take a field trip soon.