We headed to a new park and the Mirrione children conquered the bridge.
Friday, April 22, 2011
New park
As part of the co-op preschool, I have to work community hours. Today I was part of the early crew for the annual yard sale. I got there at 7am to help set-up the oodles and oodles of stuff that was donated by the preschool families. There was a number of items from us and it was a little strange to see them being purchased by various people. I learned this morning that yard sale-ing is serious business. We weren't official "open" until 8am and there was a group of people who milled around waiting for almost an hour until they could dive in. Another woman tried to take a rain jacket I got for Serafina out of my bag, while the bag was on my arm! Wacky stuff. The yard sale brings in good money for the school; enough money that we don't have to shill candy bars or popcorn or any other fundraisers. I also donated some Sugar Donut Muffins to the bake sale portion of the sale. They were as good as they sound. Tom was super dad while I was at the sale and dealt with the morning routine (except for the breastfeeding, which I took care of once I was home).
We headed to a new park and the Mirrione children conquered the bridge.

"Can I squeeze through here?"

Leo is all about sticks right now. My friend's kid went through this and had a forest's worth of sticks in the trunk of her car because her daughter wanted to take them home. Luckily, Leo isn't that attached and they remain at the park once we leave.
After dinner, Tom set up his backpacking tent in the living room and despite a slightly funky smell, the kids loved it.
We headed to a new park and the Mirrione children conquered the bridge.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Serafina channeling Jack Nicholson in the Shining. Heeeere's Johnny!
Post a Comment