Plus, I just really love the school. I worked in the class today and here's Serafina learning her letters.
Wednesday, January 22, 2014
Preschool (again)
Serafina was due on August 29th, I was admitted to the hospital on September 1st, and she made her arrival in the morning on September 2nd. I didn't know at the time how important those few days would be. For the upcoming school year, California has moved its kindergarten cut-off date to September 1st. That means she misses it by one day (ONE STINKING DAY!), so she won't be eligible for kindergarten this year. It's annoying, but I think it will be for the best in the long run. I'm really happy Leo is one of the oldest kids in his class and he benefits from it. Serafina is still in speech therapy and though she's catching up, she still needs some more time. Anyway, kindergarten isn't an option so we needed to figure out where to send her next year. We considered the private program Leo went to last year or the free "transitional kindergarten" that the school district offers, but both of those options required me to drive her every morning. The preschool is on the same campus as Leo's elementary school. We walk there. Everyday, rain or shine, we simply stroll out the front door and are at school about five minutes later. Though I didn't immediately think she should just stay at her preschool, it became very clear it was the best choice. This means another year at the co-op and serving as the school board's president, but I think the second term will be easier since I'm familiar with the job. Plus, I don't have to drive.
Plus, I just really love the school. I worked in the class today and here's Serafina learning her letters.
Plus, I just really love the school. I worked in the class today and here's Serafina learning her letters.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment