Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Second grade art museum field trip

Yesterday, two second grade classes went on a field trip to the San Jose Museum of Art.  I would have posted pictures last night but a headache that had been brewing for a few days turned in to a full-blown migraine last night.  I'm not saying it's because of the field trip, but I'm sure it didn't help. 

Anyway, I was in charge of just four kids.  But they were an interesting bunch.  Here's (left to right) Sadie, Leo, Erea and Trey.  


Sadie and Leo were in kindergarten together.  

 Leo was very excited to ride the bus with me.
 We arrived at the museum before it opened and had lunch across the street at a park.  It was 10:45, a bit early for lunch.
We've visited this museum before for Day of the Dead.
 We had to stay with a docent for the first half of the visit.  Here he is explaining part of an exhibit about the U.S./Mexico boarder.
 The kids did a good job listening and asking questions.
 They also didn't touch anything which I'm sure was tempting while they checked out sculptures made from found objects at the boarder.
 The second half of the trip they made their own art.
 They created three-dimensional work.  Leo made a robot in Hawaii with a volcano and a palm tree.  He was very proud of his work.
 Here's the whole class before we loaded the bus back to school.

No comments: