Friday, May 26, 2017

Award Winners!

It was cold and grey this morning out on the blacktop of the elementary school, but I felt warm inside.  I was there to see both my kids receive the Perseverance Award.  Leo won for Perseverance last year and he earned it again.  Serafina also kept her chin up and tried her best all year even when it wasn't easy.  I was ridiculously proud of both kids and very happy their dad and Nana made it to the ceremony.  

First up, Serafina.  We were standing near Leo's class when her name was announced and his classmates cheered for her.  


She asked every month if she was going to get an award and I always kind of shrugged and told her "I don't know" but to keep trying her best.  Well it finally paid off and she was very proud of herself.  
 First grade winners.
 Then Leo was announced with the third graders.


 The principal asked to have a picture with him because she knows school isn't always easy for him, but he works hard every day.
 Here's Leo with his amazing teacher, Mrs. Bricco.
 Tom, Leo and Nana.
 Serafina and her teacher, Mrs. Moriarty.
 Whole family with our award winners.
 This is the best thing right here.

No comments: