It goes without saying that the frequency of school shooting and gun violence is extremely upsetting. Today we participated in a peaceful march calling for gun reform. We attended the March for Our Lives event with my friend Mary and her two older girls. Here are Franny, Leo and Sophia on our way to the march.
I wore a special shirt I got for the march. It says "Wake up. Walk out. March for Our Lives." I unzipped my layers to take this picture and then zipped back up. It was cold out there.
Here we are at the beginning of the march.
We weren't the only ones with a "greater than" sign.
Leo and the girls are all big Hamilton (the musical) fans and were thrilled by this Hamilton sign.
We marched along the route for a while. Many of the signs were stark reminders that our kids are at risk in the very schools that are supposed to be preparing them for life.
No comments:
Post a Comment