Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Kids Colorado Ski Adventure

Tom and his stepmom Carrie have been hatching a plan for years to send the kids out to Colorado to ski with her.  I haven't been quite ready for this, but everyone else was ready so plane tickets were bought, bags were packed and the adventure began.  The kids were excited but nervous.  I was nervous too but trying not to show it.  I knew that the airline would keep track of them and Carrie would take good care of them in Colorado, but I couldn't help but worry.  

Here they are at the airport on Friday afternoon.  

 Showing off their unaccompanied minors wrist bands.
 And off they go!  I didn't cry until I got to the car.
 And then they were there, united with Carrie and excited to start a weekend of skiing.
 I didn't get as many updates or pictures as I wanted, but I did get assurances that they were doing well and having fun.  Saturday was severe weather and Serafina didn't ski.  Leo braved the blizzard conditions though.  Here he is chatting with Uncle Mike in the lodge after some skiing.
 On Sunday the whole crew headed out to ski (except the dog).
The kids came home Monday night.  I asked if they had fun and wanted to do it again.  They had such a good time, they were ready to jump right back on the plane.  We'll let Grandma Carrie recover a bit first but this was a great experience for all of us.

No comments: