Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Trunk or Treat

Today was costume dress up and Trunk or Treat at the kids' school.  Serafina wanted a onesie for Halloween this year.  I was a little disappointed that she didn't want to do something original and creative like in past years, but when it showed up it was so ridiculous and adorable, I was won over.  Here she is as the cutest elephant. 


Leo went as an 80s guy.  

 When we pulled up to school, there didn't seem to be too many kids in costume and I think a collective wave a silent panic flooded the car.  But then we saw a few more kids in costume, and my kids felt more comfortable so they headed into the building.  I stayed outside to help set up Trunk or Treat.  Over a dozen cars opened up their trunks, decorated, and passed out treats.  

Here's a handful of the trunks. 

Here are a few cute ones. 
This was the most mellow dog.  




After a lot of candy sorting and prep, all the kids came out to visit each trunk to play games and get treats.  This picture doesn't really capture the amount of chaos and energy in the parking lot.  It was clear these kids had missed out on a lot during the pandemic and needed big dose of fun and sugar. 

Here's Serafina and her friend Emma. 

Emma the dinosaur, Serafina the elephant and Mia an anime character. 
I spotted this trick or treater too. 









No comments: