It's hard to say goodbye to summer and dive into the school year. Especially when the school year seems to start earlier and earlier. Leo had high school orientation on Friday, August 5th. It was also picture day. Here he is ready to start his high school adventure.
Leo and Sunny both started school on Thursday, August 11th, so on Wednesday, we squeezed in one last trip to Great America.
Serafina and Sunny...dressed alike with their mini-backpacks ready to run wild all over the park.
They took lots of selfies and boys tried to talk to them. Oof.
Leo hung with me most of the time. He was nice enough to ride my favorite ride...the sky buckets.
I think I've said before that Great America is a bit run-down and funky. The sky buckets give you a chance to take a bird's eye view of all of it. It was recently announced that Great America will close sometime in the next 11 years. It sits on a very valuable piece of land right next to Levi's stadium so I understand why it will go, but I hope it hangs on long enough for my kids to enjoy it a little longer and possibly work there like many high schoolers do over the summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment