Monday, December 26, 2022

Christmas 2022

We had a nice, quiet Christmas with my mom.  On the 23rd, I made a bunch of cookies to distribute to friends and neighbors.  After we made the rounds in the neighborhood, we headed to a drive-thru light display.  We were the last entry time at 9pm and even though it was a chilly night, there was a festive energy in the air as people hung out their windows and stood up through the sunroofs of their cars. Serafina had her head out of my car's sunroof and was yelling "Merry Christmas" to everyone.  Tom and I weren't sure what came over our usually subdued child, but it was a fun outing. 

Here are some pictures of the cookies I made. Chocolate chocolate chip in the front and orange molasses ginger in the back.  


And of course a giant (messy) batch of Mexican wedding cookies. 

Even though there were still plenty of cookies around, both the ones I made and those we were gifted, Serafina said we still needed to make our traditional butter cookies for Santa.  So I whipped up the dough and we pulled out the sprinkles.  


We had a nice Christmas Eve dinner with my mom. 

Christmas is quite different with teenagers.  We didn't have to get out of bed until 8am!  They are also more low-key about everything.  There was no squealing or jumping up and down.  But there was a lot of gratitude for gifts and that's all I would hope for. 

Mousse gets excited about his gifts.  
He loves new toys. 

Christmas Day was lasagna day.  Tom made two full-sized lasagnas - one veggie, one meat. Here's all the noodles he cooked. 
And here's the end result.  They were amazing.  My mom came back over to enjoy them with us and then we froze a bunch for later. 

 All and all, a very nice Christmas holiday. 

No comments: