Another recital in the books! It was an exhausting, inspirational, fun time. Each year, I get to know the kids and teachers more and more so the recital becomes more meaningful. It's such a wonderful way to celebrate the end of the dance season, especially on a year when we aren't headed to the national competition just a few weeks later. The recital was the actual finale to this dance season, complete with an emotional sendoff for this year's graduating seniors.
Serafina performed all of her competition routines, with the ballroom routine performing in two shows. Because she was a teaching assistant this year for a pre-jazz class, she was also in the opening number. Her large hip hop routine closed every show. It is one of the most high energy, fun routines and is delightful to watch.
In addition to her competition routines, she performed with her four technique classes as well. Here's a few shots from hip hop. My phone acted up and I couldn't record it.
Here's her technique class contemporary routine. I took this video during dress rehearsal so there is a lot of talking in the background.
Here's a video of the opening number featuring the teachers, TAs and seniors. This is also from rehearsal so they are all in various costume pieces. For the actual show, they looked more uniform with matching shirts and bottoms.
I helped back stage for the two morning shows. I got this cute picture in the wings before the girls went on for Show Jazz.
Serafina's school friend Bella came to the first show. It was really sweet of her to support Serafina.
Tom, Leo and I got to watch the afternoon show on Saturday.
Sunday morning I worked backstage again. I got a few pictures of Serafina's ballet dance from the wings. She wasn't that please with me about it.
Her bestie Sunny, along with Sunny's aunt, and Serafina's former teacher Mrs. Ghelfi, came to watch with her daughter Sadie. Sadie loved the recital and had lots of questions about it. She had her mom sign her up for a class as soon as they got home.
They hung out with us during the break between shows. We walked around to the front of the theater and I got this shot.
Ah these two.
The final show was Sunday night. Tom, Leo, Nana and I were in the audience. The little jazz dancers that Serafina was a TA for performed during that show and I told her I needed a picture of her with "her little friends" (that's what I called them all season when she went to assist in their class). Serafina was dressed for her Senior Hip Hop Crew dance that went on immediately after their routine.
After the show we were able to give her lots of flowers and praise.
That night we celebrated my birthday and Father's Day with one delicious cake.
I don't really mind spending my birthday at recital. Next year, Serafina will be old enough to sign up to participate in the "Dancing Dads" routine. Tom isn't so sure about it all, but it is a crowd favorite and Serafina assured him he'll be towards the back.
Her bestie Sunny, along with Sunny's aunt, and Serafina's former teacher Mrs. Ghelfi, came to watch with her daughter Sadie. Sadie loved the recital and had lots of questions about it. She had her mom sign her up for a class as soon as they got home.
They hung out with us during the break between shows. We walked around to the front of the theater and I got this shot.
Ah these two.
The final show was Sunday night. Tom, Leo, Nana and I were in the audience. The little jazz dancers that Serafina was a TA for performed during that show and I told her I needed a picture of her with "her little friends" (that's what I called them all season when she went to assist in their class). Serafina was dressed for her Senior Hip Hop Crew dance that went on immediately after their routine.
After the show we were able to give her lots of flowers and praise.
That night we celebrated my birthday and Father's Day with one delicious cake.
I don't really mind spending my birthday at recital. Next year, Serafina will be old enough to sign up to participate in the "Dancing Dads" routine. Tom isn't so sure about it all, but it is a crowd favorite and Serafina assured him he'll be towards the back.
No comments:
Post a Comment