Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Party

So I planned and plotted and fantasized about Leo's first birthday party for...well, a long time. And it was one of those rare instances in life when the reality lives up to the vision. It was just a great as I had hoped. I spent a lot of time working on the details, but it was a labor of love and worth it to make his party memorable and fun. My mom was here and she provided immeasurable help. I think everyone had a good time, most importantly, Leo. He didn't mind the crowded house and having all eyes on him. Such a good kid.

Leo and Doug playing the monkey toss game (I made the monkey board and little bean bag bananas). Leo ready to toss (check out his party-theme appropriate sock monkey outfit courtesy of Nana)
He wore this hat for the two seconds it required to take this picture and then it was off. He hated it.
He was interested in his cake though.
He grabbed the whole thing with both hands for a taste.
Mmmm, sugar.
Mushing it up.
Delicious bite.
" Wanna piece, mama?" (no thanks)
Adam, Lauren and Abbie get a kick out of the messy boy.
So much fun.



No comments: