Thursday, February 3, 2011

Bulldozer

Santa forgot to bring Leo a bulldozer. He got plenty of other toys on his list, but the absence of the bulldozer was noticed once the hub-bub died down. Tom told Leo that if he ate a good dinner for one month he could have one. Isn't that blatant bribery, you say. Absolutely. When you have a kid that is a very inconsistent eater, you do whatever it takes. Leo did well with the promise of the bulldozer, except for the final night. But he choked down enough to get the big prize and fell very in love.

He took it for sharing at school today.
I was snack mom and helped with a Valentine's craft. I snapped some pictures too since I volunteered last week to make the yearbook for the class. I've made a photo book using shutterfly before, so I think I can handle it, but it was definitely one of those experiences where as soon as I said I'd do it, I felt regret. Oh well, I have plenty of time to agonize and obsess over every background, caption and photo. Currently I have tons of pictures of my kid, but not a ton of his classmates. I'm relying on the other parents to submit their photos, otherwise this yearbook is going to be very Leo heavy. Oh and I've been worried about Leo's scissor cutting skills. It seems like he's having more trouble than the other kids. I bought a good pair for him to practice with at home. When I was in the classroom today, I realized what is probably the problem. The teacher knows he's a lefty, but the other moms don't, so the mom helping him with a cutting project, had the scissors in his right hand. And when I say he's lefty, I don't mean he uses both but he prefers that hand. He's truly a lefty. Everything is left for him - coloring, throwing, kicking, eating. We were butting heads for the longest time when I was helping him put on his shoes and he would pick up his left foot when I was holding out his right shoe. I finally adapted my technique. I'm 80% sure that Serafina is lefty too, but it's a little early to say for sure.

After school, he really wanted to go to a park to try out his bulldozer in the sand. I knew he would have trouble sharing and if other kids at the park caught sight of it, we would have issues, so I took them to a park that is sorely under-used. It's really a great park, especially if you want to be completely undisturbed.

Here's my cutie girl, enjoying some sunshine.

No comments: