Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy St. Patrick's Day

 Growing up, I don't remember giving St. Patrick's Day too much attention.  And I'm part Irish!  Now schools and parents spend a lot of time and energy on St. Patty's Day.  Apparently, Leprechaun visit people's homes.  Two different people I know had Leprechaun turn their toliet water green and leave candies for their kids.  The schools have a lot of Leprechaun crafts and Serafina's class had a Leprechaun come to the room during recess and leave gold coins.  So I guess St. Patrick's Day is a big deal, but I clarified that no Leprechaun will be visiting our home.

I did pick out some green shirts for them to wear to school.  Here they are posing with their Leprechaun.
Goofballs in green.



Serafina in class about to find some gold (chocolate) coins.


 When I picked her up, she had this snake around her arm.

 When I picked Leo up he had this seriously goofy Leprechaun hat on.  The lion he's holding is to represent how March "comes in like a lion and out like a lamb".  Unless you're in California and the weather is amazing most of the time.
 After school we went back to the school's field so Leo could practice some batting.  Then the kids played on the upper graders' playground.  Here's Serafina showing off some serious monkey skills.
 When Leo was yelling about me taking his video/picture, this is what he was doing.

No comments: