Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Superbowl City

Superbowl 50 is happening just up the road from us this Sunday.  Levi's Stadium is just across the street from the theater where Serafina performed in the Nutcracker.  I get several emails a day about road closures and increased air traffic.  I don't care about the teams playing in the game, but I look forward to aerial shots of Santa Clara and yelling at the TV if they try to lump us in with San Francisco (we aren't in San Francisco).

Today I worked out at Orange Theory Fitness with my friend Aida.  It's a heart-rate based fitness class that is very intense.  At the end of the class, the instructor asked for a group photo since we put up such good numbers with our heart-rate monitors, but I don't think that was his true motive.

Turns out the big guy in the orange sweatshirt is Joe Ellis, president and CEO of the Denver Broncos.  I found this out from this Facebook post that Aida sent me.  He's in town because his team is in the Superbowl.  At the time, I was just annoyed that this dude was sweating all over me.  This photo let me know I had a brush with an important person and that I need to work on my posture.  Though, at this point I was just trying not to fall over from exhaustion.  It's a really hard workout.  

No comments: