Nana took a little trip to Southern California to visit family and friends. When she asked if we would pick her up from the Oakland airport, I said absolutely. I love any excuse to hang out in Oakland.
First stop was to our favorite taqueria. Tom and I ate at this place very regularly when we lived down the street and it was just as delicious as we remembered.
After walking around the neighborhood and seeing the site of our first date (a dive bar), we headed into the Oakland Hills. We decided to take a little steam train ride at Tilden Park. The whistle was a bit loud, but the ride was fun and we got to enjoy some of the beautiful trees.
Scenic overlook on the way down the hill.
Then we headed to my absolute favorite place to walk/hike in Oakland, the Mountain View Cemetery.
The cemetery is filled with amazing monuments and mausoleums, and allows for awesome views of the bay.
And at the end of a great day in Oakland, we were reunited with Nana which was definitely the highlight.
No comments:
Post a Comment