Thursday, December 21, 2017

School holiday parties

Today was the last day of school before the kids' holiday break.  They both had fun class parties and activities planned.  First I went to Serafina's class.  The kids were working on Dreidels even though Hanukkah ended yesterday.  



 The moved on to making snowflakes with pipe cleaners and beads.  Then they had hot cocoa and watched a movie.  Once all the kids had their cocoa and were settled in for the movie, I went to Leo's classroom.  They were having a family potluck with lots of yummy international foods.  I brought cookies I made last night. After eating, they settled in to play a game.
 Each kid got a paper bag and there were enough to go around that the moms got to do it too.  The teacher read a story about "Lefty the Elf" who wanted to get things "right" for Santa.  Every time the teacher said "left" we all passed the bags to the left, and "right" to the right.  It was very fun.
When the story was over, we got to open the bag we ended up with.  There were simple little prizes inside.
The back-to-back parties were pretty exhausting but a fun way to end 2017 with the kids.  They don't go back to school until January 9th.

No comments: