Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Happy 12th Birthday, Leo!

Leo turned twelve today.  It's kind of hard to believe he's on the brink of becoming a teenager, yet here we are.  With Tom in India, I knew it would be a mellow birthday but I still wanted it to be a fun one.  That meant starting our day with a Starbucks run before school.  



He had a full day of school but I picked him up a little early from study hall.  We went out to dinner and came home to mini-bundt cakes.  He insisted on lighting the candle himself.  



Since he already received his birthday shoes, Leo wasn't expecting too many gifts.  I got him some small things - a cool beanie, a book, a reusable Starbucks cup...but Tom and I couldn't resist getting him something else special.
Yep, a guitar.  Tom was on FaceTime when he opened it and it was exactly the reaction we were hoping for.  You can also tell from the video that Serafina is a wee bit jealous.

Leo didn't love playing piano but it was a good foundation in music and I think he's going to really like guitar.  I got him a lefty guitar book and I think he'll be able to enjoy messing around with it for a while before we get him formal lessons. 

And no birthday post would be complete without some flashback photos of little Leo.  

No comments: