Tuesday, December 31, 2019

First Tahoe trip

We headed up to Tahoe the evening of the 26th for a few days of skiing.  It didn't really snow while we were there but it was pretty cold.  Here's my crew headed off to ski after I dropped them off in the parking lot.  I asked Tom to take pictures out on the mountain but that didn't happen, so this is all I've got.  

 Sunday night was our housemate Carlo's 13th birthday.  Last year we celebrated with disco tubing.  This year we went out to dinner.  Leo and I headed into the village before everyone else so we could put our name on the waitlist.  We killed some time wandering around the village.  Here's a cool ice sculpture that was on display.  That's my dad's hat he's wearing.
 And the big tree.
 Here's the birthday boy on the right with his brother Nico and dad Stephan.

The 49ers game was on at the restaurant so the kids got stuck waiting for the adults to watch the end of the game.  They didn't sit around bored too much.  They mostly played outside even though it was really cold.  
 Back at the house everyone celebrated with dessert.

No comments: