Saturday, December 26, 2020

A Very COVID Christmas

In our continued effort to not let COVID ruin Christmas, we kept up some of our usual traditions and added some new fun stuff.  Wednesday night we went to a drive-through Christmas light show.  It was super impressive with the lights synced to music we played through the car radio.  There was a long line of cars to get into the place but we knew that was going to be the case and played a game to pass the time.  

Christmas Eve involved a lot of baking by me and cooking by Tom.  My mom came over and we had a very delicious meal of shrimp scampi.  I took my mom home after dinner and then the kids and I got to work on our traditional butter cookies for Santa.  


I didn't take too many pictures on Christmas day, but I'm glad I got this shot of Tom proudly holding his new chainsaw.  

Serafina chatted with her besties on FaceTime and they showed each other their gifts.  
Tom also got a leaf blower from Santa and put that to use immediately.  
He also took the chainsaw for a spin and hacked down branches of the neighbor's tree that are hanging over our fence.  That tree drops these annoying berries on to our beautiful green carpet...er, I mean grass. 
Serafina got lots of things on her list this year, including this cute matching sweat set.  
Leo got a laptop.  He was very surprised and excited.  He also got this oversized Baby Yoda pillow.  

Santa brought a beanbag toss game (a.k.a. cornhole) for our new backyard.  We quickly learned that Mousse loves to steal the beanbags while we play.  
He thinks we are tossing them for him.  

It was a nice quiet Christmas.  Most of our Christmases are quiet so it wasn't too different.  Maybe during a normal year we would have seen some friends but we feel lucky we are able to see Nana and enjoy good food.  
 

No comments: