I've been hosting a Christmas Cookie Party since 2008. Sometimes it was in a different location. Like in 2015 when my house was being remodeled so my friend Aida co-hosted with me and we held it at her house. We decided not to have kids there and after that, there was no looking back. It became a moms-only evening affair with a signature cocktail. I didn't get to host a party this year with all my friends. Just another tradition spoiled by COVID. But we decided to have a family cookie party. Each of us made a treat for the party and we ate all the yummy finger foods I usually serve.
Here's Tom working on his cookies.
Serafina made Chocolate Chip-Oreo-M&M cookies. They were also very yummy.
I made come Christmas sugar cookies. They were fluffy without being cakey. I was happy with how they turned out.
Tom made amaretti cookies - soft almond cookies. They were also very good with a distinct flavor from the almond flour, almond extract and orange zest.
I made everyone dress in festive holiday wear . Leo can't make a normal face in a picture apparently.
Here's everyone enjoying the spread of my favorite appetizers that I usually serve at the party.
We ate ourselves silly while listening to Christmas music. Then we watched Scrooged with Bill Murray which is one of my favorite Christmas movies. It was a nice night and I'm very glad we did it. Hopefully I can hold my usual cookie party next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment