As I mentioned before, Serafina has taken an interest in space. During homeschooling, we spend a lot of time on the NASA website exploring planets and moons. We have been following the progress of the Mars rover Perseverance and watched just about every video NASA and JPL produced about the mission. Today the rover successfully arrived on Mars. Before it was due to land, I told the kids we had a secret mission and had them load up in the car. My big plan was a bit spoiled though when we arrived at our destination and they were sold out of Mars themed donuts. It was disappointing but I guess not that surprising when we live in an area with a high concentration of nerds and geeks.
Thursday, February 18, 2021
Mars Rover Landing
And then we tuned in to watch all the coverage of the Mars landing. We cheered when it successfully made touchdown. I don't know if Serafina's interest in space will continue but we like to tell her she will be part of the team that works to put a human on the surface of Mars.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment