Saturday, July 10, 2021

Colorado Trip - second half

Monday afternoon we drove up to Copper Mountain in Colorado.  Grandma Carrie has a lovely condo and she let us stay there.  It's a beautiful place, but at 9,200 feet above sea level, Tom and I were feeling the altitude on Monday night. 

Tuesday morning, we made our way down the mountain to go river rafting.  It's been a while since we've rafted and there were some nerves, but I read the description several times and I knew it would be okay.  It was a "family friendly" trip.  It was fun, and I was a lot less nervous than prior trips because the kids are so much bigger and able to handle themselves in the rapids.  Both kids had a good time.  Here's a shot of us going through a rapid around the middle of the trip.  Tom and Mike are in the front, Serafina and Leo are in the middle row, and Grandma Carrie and I are in the back with our guide.  

Here's one last picture with Grandma Carrie after changing into dry clothes at the rafting office.  

She headed home and we headed back up Copper Mountain. 

Wednesday morning, Serafina and I set out to ride the Rocky Mountain Coaster.  Tickets were a bit pricey and the line was long, but we were committed.  Here she is waiting in line.  

Ready to ride!  She didn't do any braking and went down the rail at top speed.  I was not as brave and slowed my cart down in spots.  The track was long and very picturesque - worth the money and the wait. 


Big chair photo op! 
After Serafina and I had lunch in the condo, we offered to take Theo for a walk so Mike and Lynz could enjoy lunch at one of the restaurants.  Lynz said Theo might fall asleep in the stroller.  

Naturally, we didn't let him sleep because we kept getting him out of the stroller for cuddles and photos.  

I mean...how could we resist?
Serafina photo shoot in the chair. 



Not sure if she can take a normal picture.  

Only after I told her to sit down. 
Pretty creekside shot. 


Admiring the creek. 
While Serafina and I were enjoying the village and the baby, Leo was having an awesome day of mountain biking.  
He loves mountain biking, but not all the hard work of getting up the mountain.  The beauty of biking at the ski resort is that you get to take the chair lift to the top. 
Mike went biking too. 
They also used the gondola to get to the top.  
Here he is coming down the mountain.  He said it was even more fun than rafting.  He passed on having donuts after lunch to get back out there and do more biking.  That's saying something! 
Both kids also got a chance to do this bungee trampoline contraption.  They said it was pretty tiring. 
At the end of the day, Leo and Tom took a turn on the mountain coaster.  It was too fun for them not to experience it. 
Serafina ended up with a headache in the evening.  She tried out a cure she saw on TikTok. 

Taking in the view from the condo balcony on our evening. 

Thursday we made our way down the mountain to the airport.  It was a bit stressful, but we got there on time.  Of course, the flight ended up being delayed.  

Isn't this how you pass the time waiting for your flight?

Though we had a great time spending time with family and taking in the beauty of Colorado, it was very nice to be home with our very good boy. 




















No comments: