The kids had fun playing our backyard games during my birthday party last month, so I decided to host Backyard Olympics this afternoon.
We had four events, and I made "medals" from foam and ribbon.
And of course, we had lots of snacks.
The first event was hula hooping. Here's Serafina and Sunny competing first. Each athlete got two attempts to hula hoop for the longest time. Sunny's second attempt was an impressive two minutes and 37 seconds. Leo's one and only attempt blew that away though when he managed to hoop for 6 minutes and 40 seconds. He wanted to reach 10 minutes, but he was okay with his time and first place win. The next event was a ping pong toss. Serafina helped me create this.
They all bounced 8 balls (that's how many usable ones we currently have) to see how many points they could rack up. The other two events were darts and cornhole (bean bag toss). I was so happy that everyone willingly participated without any eye rolling. In fact, I think they had fun. Leo was surprisingly competitive.
Here he is with his gold medal for hula hoop. Sunny took silver and Sophie got bronze.
Winners for darts.
Ping pong winners.
Cornhole champs. Sidney came late because she was hanging with her friends. We made her do all the events once she showed up, while we all watched. Just what a teenager loves! Ha! She was a good sport about it and even handled some heckling from her sister.
Leo declared himself overall champion and wore this garland that had previously been decor.
I made sure all the kids got goody bags regardless of how they did during the events. It was a fun way to spend a Friday afternoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment