Saturday, August 14, 2021

Auntie Sheila visit

No matter where I've lived or what is happening in my life, I've always seen my Aunt Sheila a couple of times a year, at least.  But along came a global pandemic and we went way too long without seeing her.  That all changed this week when she made the visit up to see us. Yay vaccines!  I didn't take nearly enough pictures, but we did a lot of catching up, marveling at the goofiness of Mousse, and of course, planning and eating good food. 

We went to Santa Cruz on Friday afternoon.  

It was beautiful and windy.  We hit our favorite ice cream spot, Marianne's, on the way back home.  I had the dog with us at the order window and the cashier asked if they could him a "doggy scoop".  Um, yes!  This dog loves all food.  He gobbled up his scoop in the back of the car.  
My mom got to do lots of visiting with Sheila too.  
Her visit was exactly what we needed to take our minds off the stress of school starting and the Delta variant rearing its ugly head.  We hope to take a trip down to Southern California to visit with Sheila and all my family down there some time this fall.  Keeping my fingers crossed things go in the right direction, and we can make that happen. 
 

No comments: