It was the first day of school! For both kids! In person! At the same school! It was so exciting and nerve-wracking. Well, they were calm and confident. Me? I was much more anxious. It helped that yesterday they had a full-day orientation at school.
I made them take a picture even though they objected because it was just the orientation day.
Today was the official first day. Things went smoothly in the morning, and I had no problems at drop off because I knew how to do it.
Required first day pictures.
Serafina was super annoyed that I made them take this picture out front of the school. She was in a hurry to go see her new friends.
They still had more of an introduction day than a real day of school, but they got their schedules and rotated to different classes. I'm optimistic it will be a good year for both of them. I'll certainly enjoy having both kids at the same school for a year. I just have to keep my fingers crossed that this damn pandemic doesn't cause problems and they can go to school in a mostly normal fashion.
No comments:
Post a Comment