Now that Serafina is twelve, she is eligible for a covid vaccine. She didn't want to have to get a shot on her birthday, so we held off one day.
We made the appointment for the evening so she could have time to go to Starbucks with Sunny. We also happen to make it at our local Safeway store, so I was able to pick up some groceries while I was there. Talk about convenient!
She was nervous before getting the shot. She wanted to call Leo to ask him if it hurts, but I told her that her brother would use that opportunity to torture with tales of arms falling off or something similar. She agreed that he wasn't going to be the moral support she needed in that moment.
Nervous face; annoyance at mom's picture taking.
Being brave!And just like that, she's one step closer to being a whole lot safer. Not only for her self, but for all of our community. She goes to school in-person, and she dances in-person. I feel significantly better about sending her out in the world now. Second shot coming later in September!
No comments:
Post a Comment