Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Middle School Pride Party

The Middle School has a Gay and Allies club, and they organized a Pride Day event with lots of activities.  They started out the day decorating cupcakes with their mentor groups (kind of like homeroom class).  I made big batches of frosting for each kids' class.  I used two pounds of butter!  

I helped in Serafina's classroom because Leo's classroom is very small and has some of the biggest kids at the school.  
It was messy, but the kids had fun.  


Here's Serafina's cupcake. 
I stopped by Leo's room to take this quick picture.  
Here's Arya, Serafina and Mia ready to head out to the outdoor activities.  

Once outside, they linked up with Rozalynn.  

There were lots of stations outside.  They was flower crown making, nail painting, henna, temporary tattoos, shaved ice and a bounce house. They're was also a tie-dye station.  I sent my kids to school with white shirts to tie-dye, but I told myself that I wasn't going to help at that booth since it seemed like it would be too messy and chaotic.  Well, when we first got outside, I wandered by the tie-dye booth and was slightly alarmed. I headed inside, grabbed the apron I had brought for cake decorating, some good gloves and started helping.  Of course, the most important thing I needed to do at that station was warn those kids not to wash their freshly tie-dyed items with any laundry they care about.  

Anyway, my kids visited me periodically.  Here's Leo showing off the manicure his friend Vivian gave him. 

Leo and Hadley got matching (temporary) tattoos.  
My kids will only be in the same school together for another week, so I made them take a picture together.  

The last activity was a "color explosion" using colored chalk.  My kids didn't participate but it was fun to watch.  

Here's Serafina getting a very messy hug from Rozalynn. 

 

No comments: