Sunday, May 7, 2023

Last two dance competitions of the season

 Last weekend Serafina's team participated in the Showbiz dance competition.  We haven't done that one before and I doubt we'll do it again.  It was held in the dark, back corner of the convention center and it felt very low budget. In fact, they didn't even have a tap judge so none of the tap routines were awarded prizes.  That's not great. Serafina's teams did do some winning. Here she is accepting one of the awards. 

Here she is looking gorgeous and sassy in Show Jazz. 
Going hard in Senior Hip Hop crew.  This costume is a bit wacky, but this is one of my favorites to watch them perform. 

Their teacher posted some pictures of them celebrating in class. 


This weekend was Heat convention and competition.  It was a much better experience, but still exhausting. 

Show Jazz competed on Friday night and won very big. 
 

Saturday was a long day in the hotel with classes all morning and competition all evening.  I did a lot of running around to fetch dinner and round up dancers for routines.  I love seeing her with her teammates though.  Such sweet bonds between these kids. 

Ballroom was her last routine of the night so I had her take a picture before changing out of her costume. 

It was a bit of a bittersweet night though.  They will perform these routines one last time at recital, but that is definitely different than competition.  It's also Stella's last season (for now) on the competition team.  She'll still be at the studio for technique classes.  Serafina and Stella have been on teams together the last three seasons and Stella was Serafina's first real friend on the competitive team. She is pure joy and light.  I adore her.  It won't be quite the same next year without her in the dressing room. 

















No comments: