Wow, wow, wow. The high school band performed their spring concert and I was blown away by Leo. He switched to the baritone sax, which is a big instrument. He doesn't drag it back and forth to school much, so it just stays in the band room. I haven't heard him play in a while and he did awesome. He also took his electric guitar to play a solo and completely tore it up. So awesome.
Tom was unfortunately on a work trip to Las Vegas, but I took lots of video for him. Leo decided to wear a tie and I found one of Tom's Jerry Garcia designed ties. Then I had to watch a YouTube video to learn how to to tie it. Of course, we had to take some photos.
I can be a little nutty about getting a good seat, but hey, I want an unobstructed view of my kid! Especially when I need to document the whole thing for his dad who was super bummed to miss it. He did have his Nana and his sister in the audience though.
There were only 15 kids on stage, which is a pretty small group for a school band. But since it's a new school, everything is still pretty small. I'm just going to include some favorites here. This is the Abba song Dancing Queen. They performed this without a backing track.
Leo felt pretty inspired by this Bruno Mars song.
"Who ya gonna call?"
They closed the show with Don't Stop Believin', which was a little rough but still very enjoyable because these kids have worked so hard this school year. I couldn't stop smiling the whole show.
No comments:
Post a Comment